- No long delays waiting for an appointment.
- No more long drives in traffic.
- No rushed visits in a hurried, crowded dental office,
- No lengthy medical forms to fill out.
The California Legislature created the RDHAP to deliver quality preventive dental hygiene services to those who are challenged accessing a traditional dental office.
As a “Registered Dental Hygienist in an Alternative Practice”, my license gives me expanded functions, allowing me to work independently of dentists. I can bill dental insurance companies on behalf of the patient.
The advantage of an AP, which is similar to a PA in medicine, is that we are the vital link between the dentist and the patient, alerting the dentist to needs only s/he can address, such as extractions, crowns, and fillings.
We refer directly to dentists in the community, as well as mobile dentists. Usually my patients can be treated on the initial appointment, based on my oral evaluation. Below is a list of Dental Hygiene procedures and treatments –– beyond simple teeth cleaning–– that a MOBILE HYGIENIST can do for you, right IN YOUR HOME, at your facility and even in your own room.
I specialize in the following treatments:
- Oral Evaluations including referrals to dentists
- Oral Cancer Screenings
- In-residence and bedside dental hygiene care including:
- Oral Prophylaxis and Periodontal Maintenance therapies (Scaling and root planing)
- Dental implant care
- Fluoride treatments
- Denture and Partial Cleaning
- Strategies for prevention of caries and gum disease
- Oral Hygiene Instruction for patients and caregivers
- Dental Sealants
- Localized delivery of chemotherapeutic agents
- Cytology sample collection
If you have a loved one with Parkinson’s who might need to be seen for dental hygiene or dental issues please know that there may be an RDHAP in your area. Our field is growing slowly, but we are happy to help when we are available.
Please be certain to ask your MOBILE HYGIENIST your insurance questions. Usually Medicare Part B PPOs and other PPO insurance companies will reimburse the patient directly from a “SuperBill” paying for the dental services rendered.
Meet Betty Anna Gidlof, RDHAP and Brite Smiles of California in our Wellness Village at ParkinsonsResource.org/spotlight/betty-anna-gidlof-rdhap/