SENIOR RESIDENTIAL CHOICES IS A FREE RESIDENTIAL PLACEMENT SERVICE that provides the “best choices’ of assisted living communities for people with Parkinson’s as well as other diagnoses. We match seniors to the best assisted living community for their needs.
We interact personally with the family member/Parkinson’s patient, and our team is caring, supportive and knowledgeable about the selection process of finding a retirement community.
Our staff is licensed as “Residential Care for the Elderly Administrators,” and we understand the strict guidelines of managing a licensed community. Having a combined total of 50 plus years of working in health care and retirement communities, our team gives that extra hand-holding to make our clients feel comfortable and secure in this very important decision that they make.
We have been in business since 2004 and have helped hundreds of seniors move into retirement communities that fit their needs.
Our goal is to save our clients time, energy, stress and money.
Call Donna with questions at (800) 584-1855
Our process in finding the best community for the person with Parkinson’s is specific to that individual client:
- We do a thorough assessment with the family member and/or the Parkinson’s client and really listen to the answers in order to select the best options for them to consider.
- The main questions are: the geographic location that the patient desires to reside, the specific care needs of the Parkinson’s patient, the psychological and social aspects of the client’s personality and the monthly cost of the community.
- After we consider the needs of the client and the possible matches of communities, we give our client a “select listing” of the best choices for their specific needs. Our referrals previously have been evaluated and inspected.
- We give a verbal preview of the recommended communities and follow up with our client after they have toured the communities. We discuss our client’s choices, positives and negatives, and are always available for any additional questions.
- Our staff motto is to support and guide our clients through this entire process.
Donna Pick, the founder of Senior Residential Choices, Inc. (800) 584-1855 is passionate about her clients and finding the best choice for their needs. Previous to starting her company, Donna worked in Occupational Therapy in skilled nursing homes and hospitals with patients with Parkinson’s and other diagnoses. She also was the Marketing Director of large assisted living communities. Because Donna knows the challenges of the client in a retirement community, she is able to guide and explain the inner workings of the community and how they will affect the specific resident. When Donna’s clients visit the communities, she will have previously educated them on what specific questions to ask. And from there, good decisions can be made.
Parkinson’s has personally affected Donna’s family. Her brother-in-law, who is 82, has had Parkinson’s for over 20 years. Therefore, Donna knows the challenges that the Parkinson’s client confronts and is able to understand their needs when moving to an Assisted Living or Care Community.