Near the end of life, most people hope to remain at home, sustained by familiar faces and routines. Remaining at home though can present many obstacles for the patients and their families including: difficulties with breathing and swallowing, challenges with transferring wheelchair or bed bound loved ones, compromised ability to communicate, and assistance needed with activates of daily living.
VITAS® addresses the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each of those patients, and our hospice team comes to the patient’s bedside. When necessary, our team works in shifts of continuous home care until symptoms are controlled, avoiding hospitalization. When a patient needs care beyond that which can be provided at home, we provide inpatient hospice care. VITAS® partners with hospitals and nursing homes to offer inpatient are in the comfort of a private suite.
- Because moments matter, VITAS® admits patients within hours of a request, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Telecare® means patients and families are never alone. VITAS® nurses answer calls 24-7.
- Tikvah, our accredited Jewish hospice program, assures that end-of-life care is provided to Jewish patients and families in accordance with their traditions.
- VITAS® meets the unique needs of veterans and can even help apply for benefits the patient orfamily is entitled to.
- Because end-of-life care is different for every patient, VITAS® offers a variety of personal services: Paw Pals®, friendly visitors, music, art, Memory Bears, life review, massage.
- VITAS® bilingual staff assures clear communication and culturally appropriate care.
- VITAS® accepts Medicare, MediCal and private insurance.
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care®
The inclusion of links on this Website are to Websites that are maintained by third parties over whom Parkinson’s Resource Organization has no control. Such links do not imply endorsement of the material contained therein. Parkinsons Resource Organization makes no claims, representations, or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness of these Web Sites or the information these websites contain.