AN EXTENSIVE LOOK INTO NEUROFEEDBACKCategory: Newsworthy Notes
Neurofeedback training provides a multitude of benefits for the brain and body, including improved sleep, heightened mental clarity, and enhanced cognitive performance. Trainers and clients—millions and growing—have used the NeurOptimal® system to address a number of physical, emotional and cognitive complaints with great success. These fall into a few general categories:
- PHYSICAL, COGNITIVE AND EMOTIONAL CHALLENGES: Adults, as well as children, have used NeurOptimal® neurofeedback to address the negative effects arising from depression, anxiety, PTSD, Alzheimer’s, autism, sleep disorders, misophonia and other complaints. The FDA has even approved neurofeedback as effective for stress reduction.
- GENERAL WELLNESS: NeurOptimal® neurofeedback encourages an overall positive mental outlook and a deeper understanding of the mind | body connection. For those looking to enhance their daily health and wellness, neurofeedback training can be an excellent supplement to a healthy diet and exercise routine.
- BRAIN FITNESS/AGE REMEDIATION: Along with healthy lifestyle choices, NeurOptimal® neurofeedback can be a powerful tool to mediate cognitive decline that naturally occurs as we age. Just as physical exercise benefits the body, NeurOptimal® keeps the brain fit and resilient. Neurofeedback can help improve memory, recall and increase overall cognitive dexterity in older individuals.
- PEAK PHYSICAL/MENTAL PERFORMANCE: A growing number of Olympic and professional athletes now use neurofeedback to provide that critical mental edge which often results in gold medals and championships.
When competitors are separated by 100ths of a second, the improved mental focus and physical performance the neurofeedback provides can mean the difference between winning and losing. But you don’t have to be a pro athlete to enjoy the benefits of neurofeedback. Looking to improve your golf game? Want to be a better pitcher for your company softball team? NeurOptimal® can help.
- IMPROVED ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: Because neurofeedback training enhances concentration and mental focus, students use NeurOptimal® as a critical tool to improve their performance in school. Unlike so-called “smart drugs” or neuro-enhancing pharmaceuticals, NeurOptimal® is 100% drug-free and has no known side effects (apart from improved sleep!).
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A SESSION? A certified NeurOptimal® trainer may have you fill out a survey listing the complaints and | or challenges that have brought you into his | her office. You will next be placed in a quiet space and in a comfortable position. The trainer will attach special sensors to your head that will feed your brain wave patterns into the NeurOptimal® program’s software. A neurofeedback training session is relaxing, enjoyable and typically lasts about 30 minutes. As the session starts, you will hear music play through headphones and perhaps watch relaxing geometric images gently morph across a computer screen. You will hear occasional “skips” or interruptions in the music – this is the signal that prompts your brain to “reset” and optimize itself. At the end of a session, you will most likely feel less stressed and more mentally clear. It is unlikely you will experience any negative after-effects as NeurOptimal® does not artificially “push” the brain in any specific direction. Many users experience deeper sleep and vivid dreams after their very first session. How is NeurOptimal® different from other systems?
- NeurOptimal® is effective because it is designed to work best with your individual brain. It does not attempt to “fix” predetermined conditions or pin down specific problems. This was a limitation in many earlier neurofeedback systems. Often, resolving one problem in one area could cause problems elsewhere. The heart of the NeurOptimal® system -Dynamical Neurofeedback®- is a proprietary technology based in neuroscience and specifically designed with the naturally non-linear function of the human brain in mind. NeurOptimal® is built to harness the incredibly dynamic nature of your brain in a way other systems simply cannot match. As a result, this neurofeedback system can be used effectively to address a wide array of complaints without specifically “targeting” them from the outset of the training.
- NeurOptimal® neurofeedback is extremely safe. Research shows your own brain “knows best” and therefore the NeurOptimal® brain training system does not force or “push” the brain in any one direction. Basically, Dynamical Neurofeedback® provides your brain with the information it needs to correct itself and function at its most optimal. NeurOptimal® simply enables your own brain’s natural process of self-correction.
- NeurOptimal® requires no effort on the user’s part. Some brain training systems require the user to “interact” by playing games or solve puzzles during sessions. This additional level of interaction is unnecessary with the NeurOptimal® neurofeedback system. During a training session, you can simply relax and enjoy!
BRAIN OPTIMIZATION has been a member of the Wellness Village since January of 2017 and you can reach them to set an appointment and discuss your individual needs at ParkinsonsResource.org/professionals-for-parkinsons/brain-optimizers/ Soon they will be posting testimonial videos of the successes of People with Parkinson’s. Watch their page.